Pyrex®4 Cup Measuring Cup
Pyrex®4 Cup Measuring Cup
DescriptionAdd a measure of consistency to your kitchen with the Pyrex® 1-qt Measuring Cup that is sturdy and easy-to-read. Measurement indicators and the easy to grab handle are designed to make it easy to mix, measure and pour.
Product Information• 4-cup (1-qt) Measuring Cup
• Non-porous glass won't absorb stains or odors
• See-through for easy monitoring
• Glass is pre-heated oven, microwave, fridge and freezer safe, & dishwasher safe
• Made in the USA
• Limited 2-year warranty
- Product Dimension: 8" x 6" x 4 1/2"
- Inner Dimension: 6" x 6" x 4"
- Product Weight: 1lb 13.3oz
Do you have questions about this product?
Get answers from real customers and in-house experts with AnswerBox.
Q:Can I use this boil water on the stovetop to make tea?Asked on 4/25/2015 by Valerie from New York
A:No, Pyrex is not stove top safe.Answered on 4/27/2015 by Misty from WK Consumer Care
Q:At what temperature and how long (approximate) should a cake be baked in the Pyrex 4-cup measuring cup?Asked on 3/12/2015 by Siobhan
A:It has not been tested for this purpose. You can follow your recipe instructions for baking in glass bakeware.Answered on 3/12/2015 by Anonymous
Q:What is the diameter of the top edge of the measuring cup? Are there any plans for making a lid for either of the four cup measuring cups? I was looking for a replacement for a covered microwave safe plastic container which had measurements on the side. Bought both the two cup(too small) and eight cup(too large) with lids, but four cup would be more useful.Asked on 2/21/2015 by Dee from United States
A:The diameter is 6". The lids for all measuring cups were discontinued.Answered on 2/24/2015 by Anonymous
Q:how tall is this 4 cup measuring cup?Asked on 1/30/2015 by Lance from United States
A:Approx 6 inches in heightAnswered on 3/25/2015 by April the baker from Chattanooga, TN
Q:IS THIS THE SAME AS THE OLDER VERSION-HAVING THE BASE AND TOP ABOUT THE SAME DIAMETER OR IS IT LIKE THE NEWER VERSION THAT HAS A SMALLER BOTTOM AND A WIDER TOP? MINE HAS A NUMBER 18 ON THE BOTTOM.Asked on 11/7/2014 by boardmaker
A:This measuring cup is slightly wider at the top than it is at the bottom.Answered on 11/17/2014 by Brett from WKConsumerCare
Q:Is this borosilicate? If not, why not and isn't shattering if hot liquids are pored in a higher risk?Asked on 11/7/2014 by David from Chicago
A:Pyrex glass bakeware is made from heat-strengthened soda lime glass. World Kitchen heat strengthens its Pyrex glass bakeware through a thermal tempering process to the degree necessary to withstand temperature changes appropriate for its intended use in the kitchen.
Heat-strengthened soda lime glass bakeware provides comparable high quality performance in the kitchen as does bakeware made from a borosilicate composition. Today, most, if not all glass bakeware sold in the United States is made from heat-strengthened soda lime glass. In addition, soda lime glass is more recyclable than borosilicate glass, and its production requires less energy and results in fewer harmful emissions than that of borosilicate.Answered on 11/14/2014 by Brett from WKConsumerCare
Q:Is there a lid for this?Asked on 10/7/2014 by klt
A:Unfortunately we do not have a lid for this measuring cup.Answered on 10/22/2014 by Brett from WKConsumerCare
PYREX® Limited Two-Year Warranty
World Kitchen, LLC promises to replace any Pyrex glass product that breaks from oven heat, and any Pyrex non-glass accessory item with a manufacturing defect, within TWO YEARS from the date of purchase.
The owner must follow the Safety and Usage Instructions provided with the product. Please contact our Consumer Care Center for warranty claims. KEEP THE PRODUCT. You may be asked to return it.
Incidental and consequential damages are expressly excluded from these warranties. Some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion or limitation on incidental or consequential damages, so the foregoing limitation or exclusion may not apply to you.
This warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may also have other rights which vary from jurisdiction to jurisdiction.
Pyrex® Glass Use & Care
As with all glass products, you must exercise an appropriate degree of care, especially when cooking food at high temperatures. There are three primary risks associated with using glassware for cooking: (1) breakage due to a sudden temperature change applied to the glassware; (2) breakage due to impact if the glassware is dropped or knocked against a hard object; and (3) burning when handling hot bakeware.
FAILURE TO FOLLOW THE WARNINGS BELOW MAY RESULT IN PERSONAL INJURY OR PROPERTY DAMAGE, OR MAY CAUSE YOUR GLASSWARE TO BREAK OR SHATTER IMMEDIATELY OR LATER.
- Avoid sudden temperature changes to glassware. DO NOT add liquid to hot glassware; place hot glassware on a wet or cool surface, directly on countertop or metal surface, or in sink; or handle hot glassware with wet cloth. Allow hot glassware to cool on a cooling rack, potholder or dry cloth. Be sure to allow hot glassware to cool as provided above before washing, refrigerating or freezing.
- Oven must be preheated before inserting glassware.
- DO NOT use on or under a flame or other direct heat source, including on a stove top, under a broiler, on a grill or in a toaster oven.
- Add a small amount of liquid sufficient to cover the bottom of the dish prior to cooking foods that may release liquid.
- Avoid handling hot glassware (including ware with silicone gripping surfaces) without dry potholders.
- Avoid microwave misuse. DO NOT use glassware to microwave popcorn or foods wrapped in heat-concentrating material (such as special browning wrappers), heat empty or nearly empty glassware in microwave, or overheat oil or butter in microwave (use minimum amount of cooking time).
- Be careful when handling broken glass because pieces may be extremely sharp and difficult to locate.
- Handling your glassware without an appropriate degree of care could result in breakage, chipping, cracking or severe scratching. DO NOT use or repair any glassware that is chipped, cracked or severely scratched.
- DO NOT drop or hit glassware against a hard object or strike utensils against it.
Pyrex® Glassware can be used for cooking, baking, warming and reheating food in microwave ovens and preheated conventional or convection ovens. Pyrex Glassware is dishwasher safe and may be washed by hand using non-abrasive cleansers and plastic or nylon cleaning pads if scouring is necessary. This product is intended for normal household use only; it is not intended for camping, industrial or commercial use. Plastic lids are for microwave and storage use only, and are BPA free.