Showstopper Three-Cheese Crab and Artichoke DipMakes Servings
2 14 oz cans artichoke hearts
1 16 oz container sour cream
1 8 oz package cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup mayonnaise
2 cups grated sharp cheddar cheese (divided)
2 cups grated Monterey jack cheese (divided)
1/2 cup grated Asiago cheese
2 6 oz cans crabmeat, well drained (or substitute 1/2 lb fresh crabmeat)
1 1/4 cups finely chopped green onion (divided)
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Drain the cans of artichoke hearts well. Using paper towels, squeeze as much liquid as possible out of the artichoke hearts, then coarsely chop and set aside.
- Mix together sour cream, cream cheese, and mayonnaise until smooth. Fold in artichoke hearts, 1 1/2 cups cheddar cheese, 1 1/2 cups Monterey jack cheese, all of the Asiago cheese, crabmeat, 3/4 cup of the green onion, salt, and pepper.
- Spread mixture evenly into a 2 quart casserole dish or baking pan. Sprinkle remaining 1/2 cup cheddar cheese and 1/2 cup Monterey jack cheese evenly over the top. Bake in a 375 degree F oven for 30-40 minutes, or until bubbly. Remove from oven, and garnish with remaining green onion.
- Serve hot. This dip is great with tortilla chips, baguette slices, crackers or raw vegetables.